The Last Jedi is one of the more controversial pop culture movies to come out in many years and it won’t be long before we can all watch it over and over again on digital and in physical media format. Releasing digitally on March 13th and in 4K/Blu-Ray/DVD on March 27, it will be packed full of additional content including 14 deleted scenes. No word on what these scenes are but we can only hope there are some treasures in a few of them even if most are fluff scenes that were cut for good reason.
An article published on Starwars.com details the following items to be included in the release:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
Below are some images of some of the different versions of the film that will be coming on March 27:
Ultimate Collectors Edition
Multi Screen Edition